1. What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files of data that are stored on your computer or other device when you visit a website. They are used to operate the website you are visiting and provide additional functionality (such as user identification, remember preferences).
2. Why are cookies used in this website?
- Basic functionality such as:
- Website appearance and user preferences storage (e.g. choice of language / colors, search results presentation)
- User protection (e.g. Cookies detecting repeated failed attempts to enter a user's account),
- load balancing,
- recognition or/and storage of content the user inputs during a specific session (e.g. filling in an electronic form or placing items to the basket of the e-shop).
- User authentication to services that require authentication (e.g. during a bank transaction through internet)
- Provision of multimedia content, such as Cookies stored for the playback of a video
- Share content through social media
Moreover, third parties place Cookies on behalf of this website for the reasons below:
- collect statistics on website traffic and how visitors use it
- show advertisements (within and outside of the website).
3. How can I control Cookies?
All web browsers allow you to manage cookies, and you can decide whether to delete cookies as soon as you complete your visit to the website or define your preferences before starting your navigation. Please note that if you choose to reject or delete cookies the website functionality may be impaired (e.g. some function may not be fully available). You may find more information about your web browser to the following links:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari (Mac OS)
- Apple Safari (iPhone, iPad)
4. Where can I get further information about cookies?
5. Is this policy likely to change?
This policy may be modified at any time and the current one is always the most recent version. We suggest you regularly refer to this page, which is effective since 20/08/2019.
The Company is not responsible for the references from this Policy to external websites, for their content and services, which the Company can not control nor adopts, as well as for any damage may result from their use, as the visitor has access to them at his/her own risk.